September 23, 2008

Scenic Painting

Here are a few examples of my scenic painting abilities. The examples in my entire painting portfolio are quite extensive, more will be coming soon.

Halloween Haunt, Canada's Wonderland

In 2007 I spent about 2 months painting huge Halloween themed mazes. I got to paint so many different and crazy things. In that time I learned so much and really developed my scenic painting skills. I especially learned how to work fast but not comprimise my work. Here's just a taste.


A 3D room painted into a vortex. A fellow painter and I did this entire room by EYE, standing at one end we intructed the other person where the lines should be marked out. Made us a bit dizzy in the end. At the end of the room is the exit covered with a painted curtain. I think we did a pretty good job.


Room that held caged circus freaks. Walls are meant to look aged and distressed, excrement splashed on the walls. Poster of '2-Headed Baby' painted by me.


Jack-in-the-box. Box first distressed, then painted with regular paint, distressed again, and finally painted with glow paint.


Cellar in old Mansion. I had about 2 hour to transform 20 flats from plain black into something that looked like a dank cellar. I developed a really fast and effective technique to accomplish it.


Room painted all in shades of black and white. It is suppose to have a Tim Burton feel to it. The room contains about 10 more flats all in alternating shades of grey painted with the picture frame at wacky angles. Really gives that fun-house feel.